Sunday 26 August 2007

Party on the beach

For ages now Greg has been checking with me that I have nothing planned for Sunday 26th August because he needs my help at a big party on the beach he was organising. Me and a few other foreigners who were larger than your average local were to help with setting up the food tents and then do the security (bit of a laugh at a Japanese party, they are all so well behaved). Anyway, the day came, we carried a load of stuff on the beach and then were told that the 'local security organisation' were taking care of security and our services were not required. However, we could drink for free all night! Whoo hoo!
To be fair (and ensure the event made some profit) Eric and I started slowly and threw an American football around (which I had forgotten how to do from last time). This was a laugh and even managed to get a few locals to join in. This ceased to be a laugh when I fumbled the ball resulting in my ring finger being bent in directions it wasn't supposed too. It went black and swelled up, but fortunately wasn't broken. I think the Americanism is 'jamming your finger'.
So we headed for the beer tent and soon after waded in waste deep in the delightfully warm water. And that's pretty much where we stayed until 1 am, only leaving the water to get more beer. It cost me a pair of sunglasses (which fell off my head and sank) but it was a great night. About 300 people came in the end so a big success (and relief) for Greg.

I didn't take any photos, but Shizuka took one or two of me 'more than a few sheets to the wind'.

1 comment:

Glen-san said...

mind gone blank...so many things to say about that photo...but they're all coming at once...funny overload! funny overload!

nice to see the blog up and running again...my morning coffee at work was becoming dull