Sunday 16 September 2007

Off to tokyo again

Needed clothes, needed shoes and needed a weekend out of Niigata and as luck would have it Shizuka had a rare weekend off. She also wanted to go and see what i can only describe as a motivational speaker/life coach thingy with her friend, Che (far right).

So we found a place in Shibuya that sold mens clothes and then they left me to my own devices, which is not terribly sensible with me and clothes. This was demonstrated early on when I bought a t-shirt that they wouldn't let me try on (hygiene reasons), It was a large so it should fit... went to the next shop tried a few other shirts on (with some success) then though I'd try on my t-shirt, only to find I could bearly get my hands through the arms let alone my arms. Ah well! The rest of the shopping went quite well though, except that I mananged to buy the most expensive shirt of my entire life (£100) but it fitted me. Anything less than a XXL in Japan is a bit dodgy for me - my work shirt is a XXXL.

Afterwards we went to see Lohi, a Chinese friend of ours that works a bar in Tokyo while she studies. Nice place, Italian, on the 5th floor of a big building just out of Tokyo station, you know the exit begining with M... yes I was my usual attentive self.

This is Lohi's coffee art thing, Impressive as the coffee was still hot, unlike it would be if I did it!

4 comments:

Glen-san said...

thats it??? a whole weekend in tokyo and 2 photos? and one of those a cup of coffee!!! more! more!

you going boarding again this year?

Gareth said...

Probably not going to have time this year, but Shizuka has a month off (well needed) starting 15th December and we plan to hit the slopes again. Looking forward to it, even had a quick look in Hard off at boards but couldn't remember where on my persons the board was meant to come up to. Your expertese is required!

Glen-san said...

depends on what you want, longer boards are more stable, but more difficult to turn, generally, up to your bottom lip is about right...unless youre a baboon, where your bottom lip would be around your knees...that wouldnt be ideal

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.